Role Title: 2nd Line Support Desk Engineer
The successful candidate will report to the Service Desk Manager.
They will be required to ensure the best experience for customers. This will be via the effective management of customer support enquiries from the service desk and by implementing IT solutions at customer sites.
In return for your skills, experience and passion for excellence, customer service and teamwork we offer a competitive, market benchmarked salary range giving potential for progression within and across roles, plus company benefits including Healthcare and Death in Service after successful completion of 6-month probationary period.
A flexible working attitude will be required. The role is based on 37.5 hours per week. This is shift-based to provide support currently between 0800 and 1730. There will also be the need to provide evening and weekend on-call support to our customers on a rota basis. Where client visits are required travel around the UK and hotel stays will be a feature. You will need permanent access to a reliable vehicle in good working order able to be used for business travel.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The Systems Engineer must be passionate about excellent customer service and be self-sufficient, managing their own workload and skill development
Responsibilities include: –
* 2nd line technical support via service desk including:
o taking escalations from support desk analysts
o resolving customer issues within service level guidelines (SLA)
o gathering all relevant information from initial call/contact to ensure most efficient troubleshooting
o questioning customer effectively about issues and working to find alternative, more efficient methods (to resolve issues and prevent or minimise recurrence)
o manage internal and vendor escalations in a timely manner
o liaising with 3rd party support teams and act as intermediary between them and the customer
o Assisting with projects at customer sites
o Ensuring back-ups for all customers are checked and maintained daily.
* Stakeholder management
* Fulfilling the requirement to undertake other business activities outside usual remit that support the service to our customers and the smooth running of the company.
* Taking responsibility for your career development
Advanced setup/design of
* Backup Technologies – Veeam, Datto Backup & Recovery
* Networking Experience – WAN, LAN, iSCSI, NAT, VPN, RDP, PAT
* Azure/Office 365 (Administration and set up)
* Windows Server Technologies – 2008 / 2012 /2016 essential. 2019 desirable
* Mail Technologies – Exchange 365, Exchange Server 2013 / 2016 (Administration and set up)
* Virtualisation (VMware and Hyper-V) – Administration and Set Up
* Hardware Experience – HP, Dell, NAS, SAN
* Windows Desktop – 7, 10
* Experience working for a Managed Service Provider
* Building and configuring server hardware
* Industry relevant qualifications (e.g., Microsoft, VMware, Veeam)
* Experience of using Solarwinds
* Understanding of ITIL Framework
* Permanent Access to a reliable vehicle in good working order. (Must insure for business use)
If you are intersted in the above role feel free to call Carl @ GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk