https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Accounts Assistant / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller, preferably residing within approx. 10 miles of Knutsford required for a permanent position in Knutsford, WA16 Cheshire. Salary is £18,000 – £22,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 37.5 hours (Mon – Fri days). Applicants must have recent accounts / sales ledger experience, be organised, have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), fully competent on MS Office and with GCSE A* – C grades in both Maths & English.
- Salary £18,000 – £22,000 per annum dependent on experience (monthly pay).
- Hours of work 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4.30pm)
- Twenty days’ holiday plus bank holidays – increasing one day per year to maximum of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Company pension (2% Employer / 3% Employee, Employer contribution backdated to 5% after 3 years’ service)
- Annual Bonus (dependent on employee / company performance)
Job Purpose: To provide and maintain an accurate record of sales ledger activity on a daily basis and ensure accurate ledger information is available for presentation monthly.
Key responsibilities of the successful Accounts Assistant / Sales Ledger include:
- Produce customer invoices on a daily basis from spares/service and advanced billing
- Maintain and balance manual daybooks and prepare payments received for banking on a daily basis.
- Update management spreadsheets as required to show cash received and outstanding debtor figure at the earliest opportunity daily.
- Liaise with and resolve customer queries concerning payments received that do not match statements or payment advice.
- Allocate payments received against invoices accurately and promptly.
- Produce an aged debt and make prompt and regular contact with all customers with outstanding payments and maintain records of promised payments and progress.
- Ensure that all advance payments are received in accordance with the agreed payment terms. Advise the Projects Manager at least two days in advance of delivery dates where payment terms have not been satisfied.
- Ensure that customer accounts are maintained in accordance with the credit control policy and that standard letters concerning overdue debts are prepared and sent promptly.
- Ensure that all Hire Agreements are prepared and signed by customers prior to machine delivery, checking that advance hire invoices have been paid.
- Notify the Projects Manager at least two days in advance of delivery dates where hire agreements have not been signed or advance hire payments received.
- Maintain the Hire System on a daily basis, producing invoices and maintaining and balancing the manual daybook.
- Ensure that all filing of customer and supplier correspondence is maintained on a regular basis.
- Maintain necessary spreadsheet information on a regular basis and for presentation monthly.
- Provide sickness and holiday cover for Purchase Ledger and petty cash and reception as required.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and
- Adhere to H&S policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
The suitable Accounts Assistant / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recent experience of working in accounts preferably for a manufacturing, production or engineering company.
- Excellent telephone manner, organisational and communication skills
- Maths and English GCSE grade A* – C.
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Attention to detail and accurate production of documentation at all times
- Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a fast paced environment
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
The ideal Accounts Assistant / Sales Ledger / Credit Control will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Entry level accounting qualification such as AAT Access Level 1 in Bookkeeping / Accounting.
- Proven track record in credit control / sales ledger
Key words: Accounts, Accounting, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Bookkeeping, Purchase Ledger, Administration, Credit Controller, Financial Assistant, AAT, Level 1, Administrative Support Clerk, Clerical, MS Office, ERP, SysPro, Manufacturing, Engineering, Knutsford, Altrincham, Northwich, Warrington, Macclesfield, Wilmslow, Cheshire
The successful Accounts Assistant / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.