https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Accounts Trainee / Accounting Apprentice required immediately for a part time, permanent position in Knutsford, Cheshire. Salary is £8,000 – £9,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications, training will be given). The basic working week is 20 hours (Mon – Fri days, flexible hours). Applicants must be organised, have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), fully competent on MS Office and with standard level GCSE results in Maths & English. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate wanting to start a career in accounts or with some experience in accounting.
Job Purpose: Providing Administrative support to the Accounts Teams. Assisting the Accounts Team in the timely processing of invoices to customers and invoices received from Suppliers ensuring targets are met.
Salary / Benefits:
- £16,000 – £18,000 on a pro rata basis (dependant on experience / qualificaitons)
- 20-25 days holiday + bank hols per year
- Flexible working hours
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent opportunity to start a career in accounting
- Yearly company bonus (dependant on company performace and discretionary)
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Key duties of the successful Accounts Junior / Accounting Apprentice include:
- Printing the invoices and statements received from the purchase ledger inbox. (Daily)
- Processing of the invoices on ERP software database and filing. (Daily)
- Pulling out the information for the Free of Charge analysis. (Monthly)
- Process payment runs as required
- Undertake Bank reconciliation checks as required
- Updating the monthly spread sheets as required
- Daily cash
- Daily calls and emails to designated accounts
- Balancing of the Sales Ledger to cashbook, Tuesday and Thursday to tie in with bank reconciliation
- Sort and post daily invoices and email overseas invoices. (Daily)
- Complete statement runs. (Monthly)
- OB10/Tungsten invoices – process online for clients as required
- Adhere to H&S policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
To be suitable for this Accounts Trainee / Accounting Apprentice role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Attention to detail and accurate production of documentation at all times
- Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a fast paced environment
- Excellent telephone manner, organisational and communication skills
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, ERP databases.
The ideal Accounts Assistant / Accounting Apprentice will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Entry level accounting qualification such as AAT Access Level 1 in Bookkeeping / Accounting
- Recent experience of working in accounts, preferably for a manufacturing, production or engineering company.
Key words: Accounts, Accounting, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Bookkeeping, Trainee, Apprentice, Junior, Administrator, Administration, Admin, Administrative Support Clerk, Clerical, Part Time, MS Office, ERP, SysPro, Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering, Knutsford, Cheshire
The successful Accounts Trainee / Accounting Apprentice will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.