https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job Title: Aircraft Fitter/ Assembly Operator
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Assembly Operator/Aircraft Fitter with one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of Aerospace and defence systems.
This is a permanent role located in the Wirral Area and is commutable from the following locations, Liverpool, Warrington, Northwich, Chester and Wrexham/ North Wales.
Job Objective: Working with an established team within the Assembly department, the role of an Assembly Operator is to drill, counter-sink, wet assemble rivets and other hardware using a variety of hand and machine tools , high levels of attention to detail and the ability to accurately follow processes and procedures are essential.
Salary : This role attracts an hourly rate of £13ph + O/T (O/T rate between £19p/h – £26p/h)
Working hours: 8am- 4.30pm Monday – Thursday & Friday 8am – 1pm
The successful Mechanical Fitter / Aircraft Fitter day to day duties will include:
- Interpreting technical drawings & instructions and working to close tolerances.
- Assembly as per drawings /specification within the required timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed accordingly
- Read and follow technical drawings and carry out the works using various hand tools, drilling, counter-sinking and wet assemble rivets
- Carry out composite and sheet metal repair and/or manufacture
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
Training & Experience Requirements:
Assembly/Aircraft Fitting experience is essential
Experience using hand and automated assembly tools is required
Experience of drilling, counter-sinking and wet assemble rivets
Experience with various materials including aluminium, titanium and composites is desirable.
High level of attention to detail, Ability to work with accuracy, high levels of manual dexterity and to strict deadlines
Strong communication and team working skills
Responsible for the wellbeing and health & safety of both yourself and fellow workers
The successful Aircraft Fitter will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product and flexible as there will be overtime. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / Aerospace environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical Assembly Fitter / Aircraft Fitter role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button