http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are working in partnership with a West Yorkshire based manufacturer. Due to factory expansion and very healthy order books, my client is looking to add an Assembly Electrical Team Leader to their business.
The company are a key player in their field and are owned by a huge business with almost 22000 employees. If you are looking for a role with a busy business where you can develop and grow your career, this role would be perfect for you.
To provide leadership to the Electrical team and manage the work of all staff in the department. All machine electrical wiring and associated assemblies will be safe, uniformed and compliant with required standards. Ensuring production targets are met in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner.
- To work with in the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a safe working environment and ensure that all tasks are undertaken in a controlled manner using appropriate risk assessment methods
- Execute the daily, weekly plans for the department, managing the manpower and other resources to carry them out in an efficient and productive manner
- Provide leadership of the Electrical Personnel and Electrical sub assembly team including permanent and temporary production staff
- Coaching and development of team members to help them reach personal, and company set goals.
- Delegation of work within the machine build area and in the Electrical sub assembly area.
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and legible.
- Audit of Electrical bulk stock weekly and raise PO to get stock replenished.
- Sort issues out that may arise with in your team or escalate them if you cannot sort them in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for the training and development of engineering apprentices in your area.
- To have a can do attitude, to drive change with in the business and embrace it.
- Support effective usage of process improvement and lean manufacturing tools such as SPC, 8D Reports, 6S, Kaizen etc.
- Ensure 6’s is driven and audits are completed on a daily basis.
- Implementation of the plant sickness and absence policies, including return to work interviews. Disciplinary management, including investigation and delivery of appropriate disciplinary sanctions.
- Effectively communicate through the use of a range of reports including investigations, shift reports and assessments. Also communicate to all levels via presentations and briefings.
- Communication with management, engineering and other relevant persons as required
- Appraisals of people in your team to be completed in a constructive, honest way, on time and in full.
- Be flexible and move to other areas you are trained as and when the business needs dictate. To train others and pass on your skill level where required
- Communicate with operators from other shifts and carry out effective end of shift handovers
- Must have proven experience gained as an Electrical lead hand / Team leader / Supervisor within the electrical assembly and testing sector of OEM (original equipment manufacturer).
- Must be used to managing in a KPI and deadline driven environment.
- Experience of managing in a unionised environment is preferred.
- Lean manufacturing / continuous improvement experience is essential.
- Strong people management skills with experience of managing difficult situations is a requirement.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.