https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are recruiting an Assistant Dispatch Manager for a leading manufacturing company based in Preston. Reporting into the Dispatch Manager, you will be responsible for the UK and export despatch responsibilities, booking of transport via third party providers, and perpetual inventory stock control. This is a permanent position offering a negotiable salary.
- Involved in UK and export dispatch responsibilities.
- Booking of transport via external third party service providers.
- Focus mainly on the export duties but involvement with the UK remit as and when required
- Perpetual inventory stock control process management/control
- HR involvement – investigation/disciplinary meetings reference absence, timekeeping, accidents and conduct etc
- Working with the team to manage/control servicing and repairs to company vehicles.
- Regular interaction with internal customers – Customer Services, Production, Quality, Human Resources, Purchasing etc
- Deputise for the Dispatch Manager when out of the business
- Other duties as and when required by the business.
- Good communicator at all levels
- People Management
- IT literate
- Positive team player
- Controlled/Disciplined approach to workload
- Proactive individual able to drive various initiatives forward
- Active Thinker
- Time Management
- Able to influence at all levels
Qualifications and Certification Required:
- International CPC Holder or willing to attain this
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
The salary on offer for the role is negotiable and comes with a pension, death in service scheme and a health care scheme.
To apply for the role of Assistant Dispatch Manager please click apply now.