http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
I am currently recruiting for the follwing postion on an exclusive basis for my client who are based in St.Helens.
The Assistant Project Buyer will report into the Assistant Procurement Manager and will actively
support and ensure the efficient running of the Procurement Department. As an Assistant Project
Buyer you will need to be able to effectively communicate with suppliers and the internal customer
This role will require constant liaison with project managers and designers as well as our Vendor base
across many projects with complete ownership of these projects.
You will work with a team of likeminded individuals within a collaborative yet remote environment as
required to fulfil your role.
The successful candidate will have previous buying experience with a proven track record in
procurement. The ability to utilise NAVISION, Excel and word are essential in this role. Must be
comfortable working with multiple disciplines across the business and can prioritise workload daily.
The successful candidate will be innovative in approach considering the best ways to optimise and
fulfil the customers’ requirements. A proven track record in comprehending matters of a technical
nature and proactively considering alternatives, tenacious approach and with an interest in
progressing within Procurement. The successful candidate will be working towards or interested in
obtaining CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply).
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for procuring project materials within the budget and project timescale
* To ensure all design sheets are placed in a timely manner with the right vendor at a
* Responsible for raising purchase orders
* Highlight any design changes and ensure they are re-costed appropriately.
* Liaison with project manager and designers, as required
* The ability to interpret a technical drawing, understand the requirements and then work with
our supplier to source the required parts or materials
* An understanding of end to end supplier management processes
* Maintaining the Supplier database/information and managing communication and receipt of
terms and conditions supplier PQQs, Bribery policy letters and preapproval questionnaires
* Basic Inventory and Logistics management experience.
* Invoice management and goods receipt
Qualifications & Essential Skills
* Ideally a degree or equivalent, related discipline or working towards CIPS.
* Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Close attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplines.
* Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
* Generalist experience in supply chain
* Inventory management experience
If you are interested in the position above, please feel free to call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!