Associate Civil Engineer
- Are you an experienced Associate Civil Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to step up into a role where your efforts make a real difference? Are you already an Associate with a glass ceiling preventing you from progressing? Alternatively, you may be a Principal or Senior Engineer ready for the next step up. My client is looking for an Associate Civil Engineer to join their extremely busy team in the Milton Keynes area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- We are looking for an Associate Civil Engineer to complement the Civil Engineering team in our clients Milton Keynes office.
- You will take responsibility for the successful delivery of primarily residential infrastructure, drainage and highway projects.
- You will be using AutoCAD, Micro Drainage and PDS to produce designs.
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Civils department, managing projects and clients and attending meetings.
- A key element of the role is to motivate and grow the team as well as the client base.
- You will be actively involved in recruiting staff as well as proactively developing the team to ensure all work is delivered to the highest standard.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally you will have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent) and preferably be Chartered with ICE, IStructE or equivalent.
- Suitable candidates will possess in depth experience in the design of residential infrastructure and drainage projects and be capable of producing WINDES calculations, surface water attenuation, SUDS and soakaway designs.
- Ideally your experience will have been gained working with local residential developers within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- You should have the experience and capability to manage a team as well as excellent communication skills to engage successfully with clients and local authorities.
- Proven experience in the design of roads, sewers, drainage schemes and external works is required.
- A reasonable knowledge of local clients and strong commercial awareness of the sector will help you to grow the client base.
- Basic salary up to £50,000 per year
- Company Car + Excellent Benefits Package
- Opportunity to work for a leading global professional services firm
If the Associate Civil Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Liam at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!