https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Bench Engineer – Stoke-on-Trent – £28-38,000 pa
Our client, a specialist provider of engineering services (life-cycle extension and maintenance) to industry, are currently looking to recruit a Bench Engineer with experience of Drives and Controls to join their team based in Stoke-on-Trent.
With their workshop open and operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the company works with major clients across the automotive, food and drink, rail, logistics, power generation, pharmaceutical, petrochemical and general manufacturing industries.
As a company, they cover Electro-Mechanical Services, Automation Services, Servo & Spindle Services, and Specialist Manufacturing Services.
Main Functions of Role:
- Diagnose and fault find to component level on drives and controls
- Repair and testing of various OEM’s products; for example: (Siemens, Fanuc, Indramat, Allen Bradley and Control Techniques)
- Reverse engineering
- Interpret drawings and connection details
- Site work including retrofitting
- Provide after care support to customers
- Plan with team members work schedules, performance measures and resource requirements which will ensure team targets will be achieved
- Agree with team members the allocation of tasks, rotating responsibilities as appropriate to achieve flexibility and the best use of the skills and capabilities of team members
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- A successful track record within the repair industry
- Ability to interpret diagrams
- Fault find PCBs to Component level
- Ability to solder through hole and/or surface mount PCB’s.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- City & Guilds in Electronics
- Computer Literate
- Degree Level in Electronics
- Driving Licence
Basic salary £28-38,000 pa dependent on experience. Package includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, and sick pay scheme.
To apply for this position please click apply now to send your CV, or alternatively call Chris Johnson at GPW Recruitment on 01744 452 044.