http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Bid Manager with a strong nuclear background to work on a permanent basis in either Preston or Cumbria.
Salary is c£45-55,000 per annum
* Ownership of assigned opportunities * Management & administration of the tender preparation process
* Bid preparation programme
* Production of the Tender document
* Submission of completed approved tender by due date
* Ensure that the Gated Process controls are carried out and documented
* Completion within tender budget
* Allocation of all contract deliverables to Tender team members
* Establishing the Tender data storage location file / directory
* Establishing the change control process
* Establishing the risks, exclusions & assumptions register
* Establishing the Lessons Learnt register
* Logging and maintaining information on EFACS
* Supporting other Bid Leads on Major opportunities when required.
* Mentoring and Coaching To receive from others:
* A clear understanding of the required scope of supply (from the Bid/No bid team)
* An initial estimate of the appropriate Target Cost which the tender should achieve (from the Bid/No bid team and reflecting a price that would be attractive to the customer)
* Technical support from essentially involved functions The tender preparation task will include:
* Agreeing Project execution strategy with nominated Team
* Establishing Work Breakdown structure (liaison with Engineering dept)
* Agreeing Make / Buy decisions (with Manufacturing team)
* Preparation of labour man-hour estimates (Manufacturing, Engineering, Admin & Projects)
* Preparation of project execution Commentaries (Manufacturing, Engineering, Test, Quality)
* Preparation of Project Programme with Budget / Resource allocations to tasks (Projects)
* Materials estimate through valid quotations from approved suppliers (Procurement)
* Assessment of risks and compilation of appropriate contingency
* Compilation of Final estimate (using agreed rates & overheads in the Cost estimate spreadsheet)
* Management of the risks, exclusions & assumptions register(liaison with Projects)
* Preparation of cashflow statement & graphs
* Completion of internal Team Review prior to approval
* Preparation of Bid Settlement Documentation for Internal & External Approval Process
* Receipt of final Tender Approval (through the formal Tender Approval Gate checklist)
* Project management of a team to control both tender cost programme (bid due date)
* Knowledge of tender preparation process
* Working knowledge of electronic data management – Excel, Word & Power Point
* Assertive and confident in managing and directing a diverse team of people/skills
* Liaison with key suppliers to ensure best value
* Delivery of internal Best Practice * Presentation skills to ensure submission of a compliant tender and an attractive tender document
* Knowledge of Mechanical &/or Electrical Engineering
* Commercial Acumen
* Negotiation Skills
* Degree, HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
* APMP Qualification.(Desirable)
* P6 and Project Management related qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
* Training will be provided in the job specific skills that are required.
* Full Driving License
If the Bid Manager nuclear role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!