https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Fantastic opportunity for a Branch / General Manager for a permanent position in a busy UKAS accredited laboratory for a multi-national company in the Hertfordshire area. Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualification) plus excellent benefits package (see below) for the successful candidate.
Applicants must be self-motivated, resourceful, with excellent communication and motivational skills with a proven track record as a manager coupled with operations and technical expertise in the Calibration sector ideally with an understanding of lean / six sigma techniques.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday + Bank/Hols
- Company car
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible benefits plan
Purpose of Job: The Branch Manager provides Operational and Technical expertise for the development and implementation of processes required for the successful / cost effective delivery of a Calibration and Measurement capability that meet all customer requirements (Quality, Cost and Delivery).
The successful Branch / General Manager day to day duties will include:
- Responsible for the development and management of the P&L and cash generation of the branch.
- Proactively set and lead action plans to reduce branch costs structure: logistics, general expenses
- Hands-on approach to drive productivity
- Maximise current Calibration & Inspection processes to improve Quality, Scheduling & turnaround times.
- Leading Continuous improvement activities to drive product flow
- Manage the teams in the Branch (Customers Sales Representatives Team, Production Team) in order to develop the branch with professional and motivated teams
- Promote a positive work environment and promote positive change using strong leadership and communication skills.
- Communicate regularly with all employees throughout the day as needed and in regularly scheduled meetings for new ideas, continuous improvement and possible cost reductions / opportunities to increase profit.
- Identify current workforce skill levels and identify and provide education and cross-training to achieve a highly involved, flexible workforce.
- Completes performance reviews on a timely basis. Establish development plans for both individuals with high potential and those with performance issues.
- Assists with the master scheduling, capacity analysis and gap analysis to ensure that the people, and equipment are in place to support delivery schedule and demand forecast.
- Provide KPI reports to drive continuous improvement
- Take the lead on driving sales for the Branch in line with the strategy for the UK
- Focus on a high quality of service for our customers’ satisfaction to maintain and enhance long term relationships with our current customers
- Ensure all departments are compliant with QH&SE legislations and company policies
To be suitable for this Branch / General Manager role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Proven track record of Calibration / CMM Measurement engineering experience preferably within the aerospace / automotive / manufacturing industry
- Current or recently employed in management / leadership role.
- Project Management Process background
- Knowledge of lean techniques such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, continuous improvement etc.
- Customer / Stakeholder facing experience
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, responsive, detail oriented and possess a good work ethic
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written, plus
- Must have excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and foster teamwork while solving technical challenges
- Excellent problem solving, situation assessment and conflict resolution are required.
- Must have sound judgment to deal with dynamic situations, decide upon a course of action and implement swift resolution for closure.
- Exceptional motivation, leadership, and team building skills required.
Key words: Branch Manager, General Manager, Technical Sales, Calibration, Operations, Metrology, ISO17025, Quality, UKAS, Technical Manager, Electrical, Mechanical, CMM, Inspection, Logistics, Stock Control, Asset Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Continuous Improvement, Lean Techniques, Six Sigma, Aerospace, Automotive, Stevenage, Luton, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, North London
The successful General / Branch Manager will need to be flexible as there may be other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of recently working in a managerial with proven track record in the Calibration sector you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications and experience, be analytical, organised, efficient, an excellent communicator and motivator.
If you are interested in role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.