https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job Description in Summary:
To be responsible for construction on site along with Health and Safety, induction of contractors and oversee the quality of construction and the timely delivery of site completion.
- Managing site construction to agreed levels of quality.
- Assessing site risks and producing comprehensive Health and Safety plans in line with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Reporting of any Accidents, Incidents, ill health, and dangerous occurrences to senior management.
- Managing and assessing sub-contractors.
- Subcontractor tendering and minimising site costs and variations.
- Raising subcontractor purchase orders.
- Keeping the clients Construction Manager fully informed of progress on site, reporting and escalation of any issues.
- Developing relationships with appropriate client representatives including but not limited to, Regional Health and Safety Managers, Quality audit teams.
- Obtain and utilise expertise in client technical requirements, specs, systems and working practices.
- Submission and management of road opening notices and liaising with highways dept.
- Planning and supervising Lifting Operations.
- Inspection of any plant on site.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and QMS Policies.
- Any other duties that the company may reasonably determine from time to time
Skills (E = Essential) (D = Desirable)
·Qualified in a construction related discipline (D)
·Significant Experience in Telecommunications Construction (E)
·Ability to manage subcontractor relationships (E)
·Staff Management Skills (D)
·Commercial awareness (D)
·Strong track record in customer facing role (E)
·25 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holidays)
·Bupa Cash Plan
·Bupa Private Health Care
·4pm finish on Fridays
·Contributory Pension Scheme
If you are interested please contact Carl on 01744 454 300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk