We are looking for a Project Buyer to work on a 12 month fixed term contract in the Warrington area. The succesful candidates will work 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Thursday with a 4.30pm finish on Fridays.
Previous experince within construction or the building envelope would be beneficial but is not essential.
The Project Buyer will report into the Assistant Procurement Manager and will actively support and ensure the efficient running of the Procurement Department. As a Project Buyer you will need to be able to negotiate with new suppliers, assist in the reduction of quantity of suppliers.
This role will require constant liaison with project managers and designers as your internal customer base as well as our Vendor base across many projects with complete ownership of these projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for procuring project materials within the budget and project timescale
* Negotiation of new supplier agreements
* To ensure all design sheets are placed in a timely manner with the right vendor at a competitive price.
* Vendor reduction programme
* Responsible for raising purchase orders
* Highlight any design changes and ensure they are re-costed appropriately.
* Liaison with project manager and designers, as required
* The ability to interpret a technical drawing, understand the requirements and then work with our supplier to source the required parts or materials
* An understanding of end to end supplier management processes
* Maintaining the Supplier database/information and managing communication and receipt of terms and conditions supplier PQQs, Bribery policy letters and preapproval questionnaires
* Basic Inventory and Logistics management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Ideally a degree or equivalent, related discipline or CIPS in Procurement.
* Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role, with experience of extrusions or metal products.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Close attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplines.
* Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
* Generalist experience in supply chain
* Inventory management experience
* Direct or indirect experience across all commodities within a business, with a proven track record of savings against these commodities.
The salary on offer is £25,000 – £30,000 per annum along with 25 days paid annual holidays.
If you are interesed and feel you have the suitable skills and experince then please “Apply Now”.