http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job title: Buyer
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: To £35,000
Industry sector: Construction/Fit Out
My client are a highly successful Fit Out contractor based in the Merseyside area who specialise in Commercial Office Fit Out projects throughout the North West.
Due to continued growth within the business they are now looking for a Construction Buyer with previous experience of working within the Fit Out sector to join their team.
You will be responsible for the purchasing of materials for several live projects, as well as assisting with the costing of materials at tender stage.
This is a very busy and hands on role that will require someone who is used to working under pressure; has excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Purchase materials to specification and budget.
- Provision of effective supply chain management
- Assessment and sourcing of high quality products and supplies
- Placing orders and arranging delivery of construction materials and supplies
- Gain a thorough understanding of exact requirements for each Project
- Help to maximise profitability and minimise risk.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Site teams
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships and trading agreements
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Construction Buyer role
- Previous experience of working for Fit Out Contractors
- Fully IT literate
- Demonstrable experience of managing and negotiating with multiple suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication Skills
If interested please apply with your latest CV and our consultant will be in touch accordingly.