https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking for a Buyer and an Assistant Buyer to be based in Worsley on a minimum of a 6 month contract. The Buyer role is looking at a rate circa £40 per hour and the Assistant Buyer is looking at a rate circa £110 per day.
- Commodity research and spend analysis.
- Sourcing new subcontractors or material suppliers.
- Conducting tender exercises.
- Ensuring compliance to internal policies and procedures across the contract.
- Line management responsibility of two Buyers.
- Develop strong relationships across the project, working collaboratively, influencing stakeholders including leaders and key decision-makers to drive behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Regular data analysis, reporting and presenting internally on immediate and future priorities, risks, issues and potential solutions.
- Develop and manage two Buyers through the provision of direct and actionable feedback, and creation of meaningful development plans/set of objectives.
- Provide holiday cover for Head of Procurement if required.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Relevant business degree.
- Membership of CIPS (or working towards).
- 3+ years’ experience within subcontractor procurement or a commercial environment.
- Record of accomplishment of building new sourcing relationships in areas where procurement has been weak or non-existent.
- Highly results orientated (proven track record of exceeding targets).
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills, ability to use own initiative to identify areas of improvement & propose solutions.
- Support and drive change throughout the procurement function.
- Detail orientated, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Independent worker with high degree of professionalism.
- Customer focused.
- Flexible and driven.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of procurement systems (e.g. Oracle, Bravo or similar).
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite.