GPW are recruiting for my client, who are a market leaders in their field and have produced a company record performance during the last financial year, and they are looking for Group Buyer / Expeditor/ Procurement Officer required immediately for a permanent position in the St Helens, Merseyside area working 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants must have strong, recent experience as a Buyer, be organised, have excellent communication skills ( verbal and written) and previous experience of expediting for a manufacturing or production company. Proven in-role knowledge and experience of adapting to industry changes ( in particular relating to Brexit) is essential to this role, as well as a demonstrable history of collaborating positively and effectively with suppliers and clients, to achieve and exceed company expectations.
- Salary £25,000 – £30,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Pension scheme.
- Obtainable bonus earnings, dependent on contribution and achieving specific metrics.
Key duties of the successful Buyer include:
- Issue purchase orders via the internal Purchase/ Production software.
- Expedite purchase orders for direct and in-direct suppliers in a timely manner when required and where necessary inform the relevant departments regarding any delays / problems to ensure agreed delivery dates are met.
- Stock valuation/ management and control of inventory.
- Purchase invoice reconciliation and target reduction of cost base.
- Creation of stock codes and undertake regular general maintenance to ensure all data is correct.
- Sourcing and re-sourcing suppliers in line with the needs of the business.
- Negotiate, renegotiate and create SLA’s and Stock Agreements with key suppliers, whilst ensuring the company’s business needs are met.
- Continually reviewing supplier costs to determine best market prices are achieved.
- Support the supplier selection strategy and development of existing suppliers via an audit process and supplier relationship management with the use of KPI’s.
- Inform relevant departments of any price discrepancies.
- Ensure that all order acknowledgements are received within required timeframes in receipt of PO and update the system with the confirmed delivery date.
- Review and subsequent resolution of all invoice queries.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Carry out administrative duties as and when required.
The ideal Buyer will have the following experience / characteristics:
- CIPS trained, ideally to Level 3 minimum.
- A proven track record in a purchasing / procurement position.
- A proven track record of expediting/ tracking shipping orders.
- The ability to work autonomously and to implement and develop their own purchasing strategies.
- Relevant BTEC / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Purchasing, Business Admin etc.
- Have a proven track record in a purchasing / procurement position.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills internally and externally ( essential)
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook.
- Attention to detail and accurate production of documentation at all times.
- Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to use own initiative to problem solve and be innovative to see opportunities to improve systems and procedures for time saving and cost saving.
- Recently worked for a manufacturing, production or engineering company.
Key words: Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Expeditor, Progress Plus, Buying, Purchaser, Administration, Expediting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Stock Control, Engineering Materials, St Helens, Wigan, Warrington, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire.
The successful Group Buyer / Expeditor/ Procurement Officer will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in the Group Buyer / Expeditor/ Procurement Officer role and have the required experience please click on the ‘apply now’ button.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.