https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Buyer / Expeditor/ Procurement Officer required immediately for a permanent position in the St Helens, Merseyside area working 37.5 hours per week. Applicants must have recent experience as a Buyer, be organised, have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and previous experience of expediting for a manufacturing or production company.
- Salary £25,000 – £30,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25-28 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Pension scheme.
- Potential bonus earnings, dependent on performance.
Key duties of the successful Buyer include:
- Issue purchase orders via the internal Purchase/ Production software.
- Expedite purchase orders for direct and in-direct suppliers in a timely manner when required and where necessary inform the relevant departments regarding any delays / problems to ensure agreed delivery dates are met.
- Stock valuation/ management and control of inventory.
- Purchase invoice reconciliation and target reduction of cost base.
- Creation of stock codes and undertake regular general maintenance to ensure all data is correct.
- Sourcing and re-sourcing suppliers in line with the needs of the business.
- Negotiate, renegotiate and create SLA’s and Stock Agreements with key suppliers, whilst ensuring the company’s business needs are met.
- Continually reviewing supplier costs to determine best market prices are achieved.
- Support the supplier selection strategy and development of existing suppliers via an audit process and supplier relationship management with the use of KPI’s.
- Inform relevant departments of any price discrepancies.
- Ensure that all order acknowledgements are received within required timeframes in receipt of PO and update the system with the confirmed delivery date.
- Review and subsequent resolution of all invoice queries.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Carry out administrative duties as and when required.
The ideal Buyer will have the following experience / characteristics:
- CIPS trained ( ideally to Level 3 minimum).
- A proven track record in a purchasing / procurement position.
- A proven track record of expediting/ tracking shipping orders.
- The ability to work autonomously and to implement and develop their own purchasing strategies.
- Relevant BTEC / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Purchasing, Business Admin etc.
- Have a proven track record in a purchasing / procurement position.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills internally and externally ( essential)
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook.
- Attention to detail and accurate production of documentation at all times.
- Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to use own initiative to problem solve and be innovative to see opportunities to improve systems and procedures for time saving and cost saving.
- Recently worked for a manufacturing, production or engineering company.
Key words: Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Expeditor, Progress Plus, Buying, Purchaser, Administration, Expediting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Stock Control, Engineering Materials, St Helens, Wigan, Warrington, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire.
The successful Buyer will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience. If you are interested in Buyer role and have the required experience please click on the ‘apply now’ button.