GPW Recruitment are currently looking to fill a newly created position for a M&E CAD / BIM Technician / Designer responsible for production of all CAD drawings for the purposes of estimation and manufacture.
We are looking for an experienced draughtsperson with good general computer skills, but with a detailed knowledge and a demonstrably working history of AutoCAD, in particular, as well as 3D modelling and preferably GIS software. This is a varied role and you will be working for large utility’s companies in the water and waste water sectors. You will be part of a growing design team that delivery’s projects in formats that range from 2D CAD drawings to 3D models, the role is data orientated and you must have an absolute commitment to detail, meticulous quality-control and record keeping. You will also value being part of a team that puts great emphasis on outstanding service to colleagues and other stakeholders.
- To assist with the development of 3D and 2D construction models using Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Autodesk Plant 3D, Advanced Steel and Revit
- To develop robust CAD models and prepare them for review and comment.
- To liaise with the team to develop models that meet the exact requirements of our clients so that cost estimation can be as accurate as possible.
- To effectively communicate model technicalities to the team and our clients in meetings
- To create technical specification including design documents, 2D drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials
- To liaise with site managers, site supervisors, fitters, fabricators and subcontractors
- To regularly report to others within the business and assist with the day-to day operation of our office (call-answering, pricing)
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to create computer models from formal drawings, sketches or from scratch
- Experience with Autodesk modelling software such as: AutoCAD, Autodesk P&ID, Plant 3D, Revit, Inventor, Advance Steel, ASD
- Experience with non-modelling software such as: Navisworks, Adobe suite, graphics and design software
- Good computer skills, with experience using software packages like MS Word, Excel in addition to outlook etc.
- Relevant industry experience in a design capacity, including knowledge of structural calculations & ability to present calculations
- Have a driving licence and use of your own car.
- ONC, OND, HNC, HND or Degree in mechanical & production or structural engineering or a closely related discipline
- Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter ability
- Results-driven with very strong communication skills
8 hour day shift 08:00 – 17:00 (40hrs per week)