http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Exciting opportunity for a Calibration Engineer (preferably Instrumentation / Electrical Bias) with experience of calibrating electrical, pressure, temperature instruments is needed for a permanent role in the Bristol area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 hours (Mon – Fri Days).
Applications also considered from recently qualified Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering Apprentices, Trainees or Electronic / Electrical / Instrument biased Graduates or experienced applicants from a Electrical Test Engineers / Instrumentation Technicians or similar background who have experience of using and calibrating electrical and instrumentation items such as thermocouples, ovens, furnaces, pressure / flow gauges, DMM’s / multi-meters etc.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Life Assurance
- Occasional O/T
- Employer perks package
The successful Multi-Skilled Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To regularly calibrate electronic / electrical, temperature instruments such as thermocouples, ovens, furnaces, pressure / flow gauges, DMM’s / multi-meters
- Calibrate Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI’s, various Gauges and Torque tools to a lesser extent (training will be provided)
- Strip down and re-assemble test rigs.
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Calibration Technician (Instrumentation / Electrical / bias) role you must have the following experience / skills:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Relevant instrumentation / electrical qualifications
- Previous experience of calibrating instrumentation such as thermocouples, ovens / furnaces, thermometers, pressure / flow gauges or electrical equipment such as DMM’s / multi-meters, oscilloscopes, frequency generators.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, able to work as part of a team or alone with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Calibration Engineer role will have the following experience:
- Ideally educated to HNC or higher in Electrical/Electronic, Instrumentation Engineering
- Proven customer facing experience.
- As well as being able to calibrating electrical and instrumentation, previous experience of being able to calibrate hand-held dimensional / mechanical tools such as Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI’s, various Gauges or Torque Wrenches would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of calibrating to UKAS standards.
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
- Calibration and assembly of test rigs
- Previously worked in the Calibration, Aerospace or Automotive sectors.
Key Words: Calibration, Engineer, Instrumentation Technician, Electrical, Electronic, Temperature, Mechanical, Load, Pressure, Flow, Calibrate, DMM’s, Multi Meter, Pyrometry, Metrology, Test Verification, Test & Measurement, Instrumentation, Calibrating, Dimensional, Metrology, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Bristol, Bath, Avon, South West
The successful Calibration Engineer / Instrument Technician will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.