GPW are recruiting for an experienced Calibration Engineer on behalf our client, who are a global market leader in their field, to work on a fixed term contract basis ( TBC ) in Pendine, South Wales. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
The ideal candidate will possess Electrical/ Pressure calibration experience and will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, Perks Hub, wellbeing and EAP online hubs.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Calibration Engineer/Technician, you will be responsible for all aspects of specialist calibration, measuring instrumentation to national standards in a customer embedded Laboratory in South Wales to ensure a first-class service to our customers.
Undertake calibration measurements to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications.
Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilising the relevant business management system.
Other responsibilities include:
- Calibration of measuring equipment to national standards.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures.
- Participate in Inter-laboratory measurement audits.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and organised manner.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the embedded company facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times.
Our ideal Calibration Engineer/Technician
- Previous knowledge and experience of calibration practices and theories is essential.
- Electrical/ Pressure calibration experience.
- PC literacy and knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software is required.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline and previous experience of working in the calibration industry is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided.
- Experience of working within a Customer focused environment.
- Must be confident to work unsupervised on a daily basis with off-site support available by phone and email.
The successful Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description, where the required training will be provided. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click apply on this advert.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.