https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Calibration Engineer / Technician (RF & Microwave or Temperature, Pressure & Humidity) required immediately for permanent positions in the Yateley, Hampshire area. Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience and qualifications. The Calibration Engineers will be working circa 37 hours (Mon – Fri Days) plus occasional O/T
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Life Assurance
- Occasional O/T
- Employer perks package
Purpose of Job: To be responsible for all aspects of RF calibration, measuring instrumentation to national standards in a UKAS ISO 17025 accredited Laboratory to ensure a first class service.
The successful Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Calibration of RF/Microwave or Temp/Pressure/Humidity measuring equipment
- Conversant with VSWR, VRC, Attenuation, Generation and measurement of RF up to 110 GHz
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in Inter-company laboratory measurement audits
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner
- Participate in external / internal audits
To be suitable for this Electrical Test Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Calibrated electrical measuring instrumentation to in-house or national standards.
- Must have previous experience of calibrating Microwave / RF / LF test equipment and other electrical test equipment such as Calibrators, 17th Edition Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, DMM’s, Clamp Meters, Ammeters, Volt Meters, Temperature Controllers, Recorders, PAT testers, Insulation Testers and other general purpose DC test equipment to in-house / traceable standards.
- Relevant electrical / electronic qualifications.
- Must be PC literate.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Calibration Engineer / Technician will have:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic / instrumentation engineering discipline
- Fully conversant with ISO17025.
- Currently or previously been a UKAS signatory.
- Knowledge of Windows based and laboratory automation software.
Key words: Electrical Calibration Technician, Test and Verification, Calibrating, Test & Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO 17025 Quality Systems, UKAS, NPL, Electrical Test Engineer, Electronic, Instruments, Microwave, UHF, VHF, RF, HF, LF, High Frequency, Radio Frequency, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Hampshire, Berkshire.
The successful RF / Microwave Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing / calibration environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced Electrical / Electronic Calibration Engineer please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.