https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Dimensional Metrology Technician required immediately for a contract / possibly ongoing position in the Bristol area. Negotiable rate / salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Dimensional Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
The client may also consider mechanical quality inspectors or apprentice trained mechanical engineers / technicians who have experience of using standard measuring equipment and carrying out in-house calibrations.
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary / rate (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Hols
- Occasional O/T
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate Mechanical measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Dimensional Metrology Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Recent experience of calibrating a wide range of dimensional and mechanical measuring devices to in-house or national / traceable standards.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Comfortable with metric and imperial measurements.
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of GD&T and 1st principle measurement techniques.
- PC Literate (MS Word & MS Excel)
The ideal Dimensional Calibration Engineer will have:
- Recent experience of calibrating dimensional and mechanical measuring devices to UKAS standards.
- Able to undertake dimensional and surface finish checks of specialist products and jigs, fixtures and tooling using first principle methods.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
- Able to use computerised calibration records / spreadsheets, able to import / export data and alter / use formulas on spreadsheets etc.
- Knowledge of Windows-based laboratory automation software MetCAL, InGAGE, ProCal, SureCal etc.
Key words: Calibration, Test, Verification, Calibrating, Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000, UKAS, NPL, Dimensional, Mechanical, Engineer, Toolmaker, Inspector, Technician, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Bristol, Bath, Avon, South West, SE Wales
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Technician / Metrology Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Dimensional Calibration Technician / Mechanical Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.