https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Calibration Engineer / Technician (Mechanical / Dimensional) is required immediately for a permanent position in the Derby / Nottingham area. Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Dimensional Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Usually Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
Applications also considered from candidates who have recently completed a mechanical engineering apprenticeship or candidates from a mechanical inspection / quality or similar background who have experience / knowledge of using standard measuring equipment and carrying out in-house calibrations. It is essential to have dimensional / mechanical experience and it is advantageous to have basic electrical calibration experience / knowledge as well.
In addition the client will also consider Senior Calibration Engineers / Head of Laboratory / Signatories / Quality Engineers / Standard Room Inspectors with extensive dimensional / mechanical calibration experience.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday + stats
- company pension scheme
- Possible flexi time
- 1.5x for Midweek O/T and Saturday hours, 2x for Sunday hours
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate Mechanical measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Dimensional Metrology Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have previous experience of using and calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI’s, calipers, micrometers, plug and ring gauges, engineers squares, height gauges to in-house or national / traceable standards.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
The ideal Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer.
- Experience of calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI’s, calipers, micrometers, plug and ring gauges, thread gauges, vee blocks, screw gauges, fixtures, engineers’ squares, height gauges to UKAS standards.
- Experience of calibrating pressure gauges, force and torque equipment.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
Key words: Calibration, Test, Verification, Measurement, Quality, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000, UKAS, ISO 17025, Dimensional, Mechanical, Physical, Pressure, Torque, Engineer, Standards Room Inspector, Senior Calibration Engineer, Head of Laboratory, HoL, Technician, MetCal, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Rail, Loughborough, Derby, Nottingham, Derbyshire, East Midlands
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Technician / Metrology Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.