https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Dimensional / Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Technician required immediately for a permanent position in South Manchester area. Negotiable salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will be working circa 39 hrs, M-F days.
The client will also consider recently qualified Mechanical Engineering Apprentices / Trainees or experienced applicants from a Mechanical Inspection, Quality, Toolmaking or similar background who have experience of using and calibrating items such as Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI’s, or gauges etc. to in-house standards.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T – midweek O/T and Sat hours @1.5x and Sunday hours @ 2x
Purpose of Job: To be responsible for all aspects of calibration, measuring instrumentation to national standards and liaising with line Managers to ensure they receive a first class service.
Main Accountabilities: Undertake Calibration inspections, measurements to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. The successful candidate must be familiar with National and international standards (17025) Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing the relevant business management system.
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate Mechanical measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have previous experience of using and calibrating SOME of the following equipment: verniers callipers, micrometers, DTI’s (dial test indicators), various gauges (pin, plug, ring, screw and height), engineer squares, pressure gauges or torque equipment to in-house standards.
- Good communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
- Must be PC Literate in MS Word and MS Excel.
The ideal Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician role will have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer.
- Experience of calibrating a wide range of Dimensional / Mechanical / Physical / Torque or hand held measuring equipment
- Calibrating mechanical measuring instrumentation to National / UKAS standards.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and measurement uncertainties.
Key words: Calibration, Test and Verification, Calibrating, Test & Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000 Quality Systems, UKAS, NPL, Dimensional, Physical, Mechanical, Engineer, Standards Room, Inspector, Toolmaker, Mechanical Technician, Toolmaking, Apprentice, Trainee, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Manchester, Stockport, Ashton under Lyne, Greater Manchester, Cheshire
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Technician / Metrology Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.