GPW are recruiting for a Calibration Engineer/ Technician on behalf of our client.
The successful candidate will possess a strong, demonstrable experience of calibrating multi- parameter test rigs.
Based at our clients site in Wolverhampton, you will be responsible for conducting specialist calibration and repair operations following procedures and ensuring compliance with Client contractual and KPI obligations.
Calibration Engineer / Test Rig Technician (Elec Bias) with experience of calibrating electrical, pressure, temperature, flow, torque and force instrumentation and mechanical assembly skills needed for a permanent role in the Wolverhampton area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 hours ( Mon- Fri Days).
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits programme
- Occasional O/T – Midweek O/T @ 1x, Sat hours @1.5x and Sunday hours @ 2x
The successful Calibration Engineer / Test Rig Technician day to day duties will include:
- Calibration of measuring instrumentation to Traceable and UKAS standards.
- Identify and develop productivity improvement opportunities and support operational efficiency projects.
- Maintain calibration instrumentation, equipment, and facilities to required standards.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety Procedures, Policies and Safe System of Work.
- Complete all assigned Quality and Continuous Improvement activities in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Maintain and produce accurate Calibration Records enabling the production of Calibration Certificates.
- Produce, review, develop and audit Calibration Procedures in accordance with Company requirements and from Clients and Auditor recommendations.
- Provide Technical Support and guidance to colleagues on request.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Participate in Client Interlaboratory measurement audits.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Client Quality Manager within the customer/ Client facility.
To be suitable for this Calibration Engineer (Electrical, Instrumentation & Mechanical) role you must have the following experience / skills:
- Recent relevant experience as a calibration engineer / technician.
- Previous experience in the calibration of multi-parameter test rigs. Pressure, temperature, flow, torque and force.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, able to work as part of a team or alone with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Multi-skilled Calibration Engineer role will have the following experience:
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or extensive demonstrable experience in understanding calibration, both practical and theory.
- Experience in the calibration of multi-parameter test rigs. Pressure, temperature, flow, torque and force.
- A bias towards electrical calibration would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025.
- Basic understanding of Windows-based and Laboratory automation software, e.g. Labview.
- Good coordination/dexterity in order to undertake manual adjustments on high accuracy instrumentation.
- Proven ability to fault find Instrumentation errors and affect repairs as required.
The successful Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Calibration Engineer / Test Rig Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button, e-mail your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07391869586 to discuss the role in more detail.
We will be in contact within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage and due to the high volume of applications we typically receive for this type of role, please accept my apologies if I am unable to speak with you personally.