GPW are recruiting for experienced Calibration Engineer/ Technicians x2 on behalf our client, who are a global market leader in their field, for permanent positions in Stevenage. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
The successful candidate will possess experience in the calibration of measuring instrumentation using approved procedures and good metrology practices, particularly Fibre Optics and/ or DC & LF calibration experience and will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, Perks Hub, wellbeing and EAP online hubs.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Calibration Engineer/Technician, you will be responsible for conducting specialist calibration and repair operations following procedures and ensuring compliance with client contractual and KPI obligations.
- Calibration of measuring instrumentation using approved procedures and good metrology practices particularly Fibre Optics or DC & LF.
- Identify and develop productivity improvement opportunities and support operational efficiency projects. Maintain calibration instrumentation, equipment, and facilities to required standards.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety Procedures, Policies and Safe System of Work.
- Complete all assigned Quality and Continuous Improvement activities in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Maintain and produce accurate Calibration Records enabling the production of Calibration Certificates.
- Produce, review, develop and audit automated and manual Calibration Procedures in accordance with Company requirements and from Clients and Auditor recommendations.
- Provide Technical Support and guidance to colleagues on request.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Participate in inter- laboratory measurement audits.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the customer/ business facility.
Our ideal Calibration Engineer/Technician:
- Ideally a technical qualification such as HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Ability to create and calculate uncertainty of measurement.
- Good understanding of Windows-based ( Excel and Word) and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision & manage your own workload
- The ability to understand / interpret circuit diagrams will be advantageous.
The successful Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description, where the required training will be provided. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click apply on this advert.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.