https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
This is an excellent opportunity for a Calibration Manager / Head of Laboratory (UKAS: ISO 17025) to join a global company for a permanent position in the Hertfordshire area. The salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The position is working approx. 37.5 hours per week based over the core business hours (Mon – Fri days). The client may also consider a Senior Calibration Engineer / Team Leader currently calibrating a wide range of disciplines to UKAS & traceable standards that is looking to step up into a management role.
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company perks package
Main Purpose: Reporting to the General Manager, the Laboratory Manager’s role is to manage the calibration and repair activity, to act as a mentor to the engineering departments to ensure a first class service is delivered, ensure the smooth every day running of the departments, ensuring that KPI’s are met and key objectives are reached and maintained.
The successful Calibration Manager / Technical Manager day to day duties will include:
- Oversee the engineering processes within the facility.
- Responsible for supervision and motivation of staff, planning of daily work schedule, preparation and provision of technical quotes and test specifications, handling technical enquiries, liaison with clients, receive and register any work as necessary, complete quality plans, test schedules, technical reports and be responsible for the profitable delivery of all existing and future programmes of work within your areas of responsibility.
- Participate in external & internal audits within the client and company facilities. Also report future audits to the Quality Manager in line with programme requirements.
- Responsible for the technical and administrative maintenance and calibration of all equipment, ensure that you and staff under your control execute all work properly and safely to the correct procedure using the appropriate equipment.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budget costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
- Liaise with internal and clients’ quality departments to ensure UKAS and customer approvals are adhered to and ensure audit NCRs or observations are closed out to programme.
- Comply with, and implement company QHSE guidelines.
To be suitable for this Calibration Manager / Senior Engineering Manager role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Proven Calibration Manager, Head of Laboratory, Team Leader, Supervisor or Senior Calibration Engineer in the calibration / maintenance and repair / test and measurement equipment sector.
- Recently / currently working for a UKAS / ISO 17025 accredited laboratory.
- Ability to read, understand and create uncertainty budgets using measurement of uncertainty.
- Excellent communication and people management and development skills with the ability to influence and influence and motivate people.
- Proven technical and organisational skills with the ability implement change and improve efficiency and productivity.
- A good understanding of Quality systems and HS&E.
- Reliable, self-motivated with a strong commitment to quality and customer service.
- Proven calibration experience, preferably in more than one of the following disciplines: electrical, instrumentation, dimensional, physical, mechanical etc.
- Excellent PC literacy MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) & calibration management software.
To be more suitable for this Calibration Manager / Head of Laboratory role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Educated to HNC or higher in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience of project / account management
- Some experience of LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of Beaver / EMS
Key Words: Calibration Manager, Head of Laboratory, Senior Calibration Engineer, ISO17025, UKAS, Technical Manager, Dimensional, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, Physical, Calibration Engineer, Test and Verification, Test and Measurement, Calibrating, Metrology, Calibrate, Quality, HSE, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Stevenage, Luton, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, North London
The successful Calibration Manager / Site Manager will need to be flexible as there may be a requirement to work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be self-motivated, organised, able to communicate at all levels, reliable and a team player.
If you are interested in Calibration Manager / Laboratory Manager role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.