http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are currently recruitment for a Chemical Process Operator for our client based in Northwich. This job is perfect for somebody looking for job security as our client has a good strong order book and is currently expanding.
As the Chemical Process Operator, your duties will include:
- Operating process vessels, pumps and other process plant equipment
- Following batch sheets and other company procedures
- Identifying correct raw materials and batch numbers for batch mixing
- Ensuring batch sheets are completed accurately
- Weighing and measuring out raw materials required
- Converting different units of measure (kg, litres, specific gravity etc.)
- Operating manufacturing equipment to ensure production of batches is carried out on time and in a safe manner
- Packaging of hazardous finished product in accordance with packing instructions
- Undertaking all work activity with due care and attention to Health & safety and company safety procedures
- Ensuring that at all times both your own work and that of colleagues is carried out in a safe, controlled and efficient manner.
- Following plant housekeeping procedures
- Acting as a member of the emergency response team
Essential Skills & Experience for the Chemical Process Operator:
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy
- GCSE level educational qualifications or equivalent (minimum of 5 grades A-C)
- Previous experience handling hazardous chemicals is essential
- Previous experience of manual or semi-automated processing operations in an industrial or heavy engineering environment
- Counter balance fork lift licence is preferred but not essential
- Control room experience is preferred but not essential
- C&G or equivalent to level 2 process plant operations
- Previous experience of working on a Top Tier COMAH site a preferred but not essential
- Computer literacy required
- Must be able to work in a team and individually
- Flexibility in working hours /shifts
- Physically fit
This position is currently working on a 24/5 operation, however there may be the opportunity to go on to a 24/7 shift operation during 2017.
If you are interested in the Chemical Process Operator position, please apply now.