CMM Operator / Metrology Technician with recent experience of operating CMM’s, is required for a permanent position in the Derby / Nottingham area. The position will be working Monday to Friday days (possible flexibility). Competitive salary (DoE and CMM proficiency) + excellent benefits see below.
Applications also welcomed from recently qualified Metrology / Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering graduates, aspiring CMM Operators / Programmers, Metrology / CMM Apprentices, Inspectors, CNC Machinists or Calibration Engineers / Technicians with some recent exposure to operating a CMM to undertake precise measurement of aerospace, automotive etc. parts.
- Competitive salary (DoE)
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful CMM Operator day to day duties will include:
- Loading programs and operating CMM machines
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary
- Maintain relevant records and data.
- Complete inspection reports.
- To follow company H&S guidelines and working safely at all times taking in to account own actions and their impact on others.
To be suitable for this CMM Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recently operated a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Be able to use standard measuring equipment (mic’s, verniers, callipers, gauges etc.)
- Understanding of dimensional calibration.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Must be PC literate.
- Must have good interpersonal / communication skills and able to work with minimum supervision
To be more suitable for this CMM Technician role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Recently operated a Carl Zeiss Calypso controlled CMM
- Relevant CMM qualifications / training
- Ability to produce / edit simple CMM programs
- Dimensional calibration experience.
- Understanding of Compiling FAIR’s / First Off’s & LAIR’s / Last Off etc.
- Good understanding of GD&T. 1st principle measurement techniques and AutoCAD
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in the Aerospace / Automotive industry.
Key Words: CMM Operator, Inspector, Carl Zeiss, Calypso, CMM Programmer, CMM Technician, Co-ordinate Measuring Machine, Graduate, Standards Room Inspector, Apprentice, Trainee, Inspection, FAIR, First Article Inspection Report, MCOSMOS, PCDmis, Quindos, F.A.I.R, L.A.I.R, FAI Report, LAIR, Precision Components, Measurement, Metrology, CNC, Laser Tracking, Metrology Foundation Degree, Aerospace, Automotive, Calibration, ISO9001, ISO 17025, UKAS, Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham, East Midlands
The successful CMM Operator / Metrology Technician will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the CMM Operator / Technician role and have some experience of operating a CMM please click the apply now button.