http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
CMM Engineer / Programmer (MCOSMOS V3.0) needed for a permanent position in the Wolverhampton area to inspect prototype parts with CMM and various mechanical measuring equipment, compile FAIR’s (First Article Inspection Reports) I.I.R’s (Initial Inspection Reports). Salary / rate is negotiable (dependent on experience & qualifications). The position is working Mon – Fri days (37hrs/week with occasional o/t)
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful CMM Engineer / Programmer day to day duties will include:
- Operating and Programming CMM machines
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary
- Maintain relevant records and data.
- Complete FAIR’s (First Article Inspection Reports) I.I.R’s (Initial Inspection Reports) / ISIR’s (Initial Sample Inspection Reports).
- To follow company H&S guidelines and working safely at all times taking in to account own actions and their impact on others.
To be suitable for this CMM Engineer / Programmer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Previously worked as an Inspector / C.M.M Engineer
- Recent experience of operating and programming MCOSMOS V3.0 R4 Edition 11 in MCOSMOS-3 software (or higher) on Mitutoyo CMM machine
- Use MCOSMOS V3.0 R4 Edition 11 in MCOSMOS-3 to compile FAIR’s, ISIR’s / IIR’s.
- Be able to use hand held measuring equipment to provide dimensional data to prototype components.
- Be able to use shadowgraph, tool maker’s microscope, Height gauges and other mechanical measuring equipment etc.
- Able to read Aerospace engineering drawings
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this CMM Programmer / Inspector role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Relevant CMM / engineering qualifications / training
- Calibrating dimensional measuring equipment.
- Visual report 3 experience
- Previous experience of working in the Aerospace / Automotive industry.
Key Words: CMM Operator, Engineer, Technician, Standards Room, C M M Programmer, FAIR, C.M.M, Quality, 1st Article Inspection Report, First Article Inspection Report, F.A.I.R, ISIR’s, Initial Sample Inspection Reports, I.I.R’s, Initial Inspection Reports, FAI Report, Precision Components, Aerospace, Test Verification, Test & Measurement, Metrology, ISO9000, UKAS, Quality Systems, Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine, Mitutoyo, MCOSMOS, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, West Midlands
The successful CMM Engineer / Programmer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced CMM Operator / Programmer with inspection experience please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.