http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
CMM Programmer / Inspector (MCOSMOS / PCDmis) needed for a permanent position in the Glasgow / Renfrewshire area to inspect components with CMM and various mechanical measuring equipment and compile inspection reports. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience & qualifications). The position is working 37hrs/week (Mon – Fri days) with occasional O/T.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful CMM Engineer / Programmer day to day duties will include:
- Operating and Programming CMM machines
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary
- Maintain relevant records and data.
- Complete FAIR’s / Inspection Reports.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this CMM Engineer / Programmer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or completed recognised CMM training course measuring complex components.
- Previously worked as an Inspector / C.M.M Programmer
- Recent experience of operating and programming MCOSMOS controlled CMM’s
- Be able to use hand held measuring equipment to provide dimensional data to prototype components.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this CMM Programmer / Inspector role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Relevant CMM / engineering qualifications / training
- Experience of operating and programming CMM to measure gas turbine aerofoil components.
- Recent experience of operating and programming MCOSMOS AND PCDmis controlled CMM’s
- Previous experience of working in the Aerospace / Automotive industry.
Key Words: CMM Operator, Engineer, Technician, Standards Room, C M M Programmer, FAIR, C.M.M, Quality, First Article Inspection Report, Precision Components, Aerospace, Test & Measurement, ISO9000, Quality Systems, Co-ordinate Measuring Machine, Mitutoyo, MCOSMOS, PCDmis, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Scotland
The successful CMM Engineer / Programmer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced CMM Operator / Programmer with inspection experience please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.