http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
CMM Programmer / Metrology Inspector / Dimensional Calibration Engineer with experience of programming and operating Calypso (v5.0 or higher) controlled ZEISS CMM’s, undertaking first principle measurements and dimensional calibration is required for a Permanent position in the Derby / Nottingham area. The position will be working Monday to Friday days (or double days 6-2 / 2-10). The salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) 25 days holiday + B/Hols.
The client may also consider candidates who have recently graduated with a relevant mechanical engineering / manufacturing / metrology degree or have recently completed a mechanical engineering / quality or CNC machining apprenticeship and also have recent experience of operating or programming CMMs and dimensional calibration.
- £25,000 – £38,000 pa (Dependant on qualifications and CMM proficiency)
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful CMM Programmer / Dimensional Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- If proficent, calibration of complex fixtures and assets using CMM and first principles.
- Operating and online / offline programming of CALYPSO controlled Carl Zeiss CMM machines
- Use of CMM as appropriate and assist with on the job training when required
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment – Micrometers, Callipers, Torque Wrenches, Height Gauges, Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges etc.
- Surface finish checks on componants
- Maintain the Calibration database, filing system, certification and files.
- Assist with fixture passport generation as required.
- Preparation and provision of test specifications
- Handling technical enquiries and liaising with clients.
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary
- Completing test schedules & technical reports to effect optimum efficiency of the calibration area
- Carry out audits in metrology department
- To follow company H&S guidelines and working safely at all times taking in to account own actions and their impact on others.
To be suitable for this CMM Programmer / Metrology Inspector / Dimensional Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recent experience of programming (Online & Offline) CMM’s.
- Knowledge of calibration practices / theories, calibration automation software and UKAS certification processes.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship.
- Previously carried out first principle measurements.
- Understanding of Compiling FAIR’s / First Off’s & LAIR’s / Last Off.
- Good spatial awareness to work without CAD Models.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
To be more suitable for this role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Recent Online / Offline programming of Calypso v6.0 or higher on Zeiss CMM’s.
- Experience of inspecting and writing CMM programs used to measure aerospace components.
- Relevant CMM qualifications / training.
- AutoCAD knowledge.
- Relevant technical qualifications HND, HNC, NVQ L3 etc.in engineering discipline.
- Previous experience of working in the Aerospace / Automotive industry.
Key Words: CMM Engineer, Inspector, Mechanical, Dimensional, Calibration, Carl Zeiss, Calypso, CMM Programmer, C.M.M. Technician, Co-ordinate Measuring Machine, FAIR, First Article Inspection Report, MCOSMOS, PCDmis, Quindos, F.A.I.R, L.A.I.R, FAI Report, LAIR, Precision Components, Measurement, Metrology, Aerospace, Automotive, ISO9000, UKAS, Inspection, Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham, East Midlands
The successful CMM Programmer / Metrology Inspector / Dimensional Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime, a requirement to work at different sites and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you will have ideally at least recently have operated a CMM and undertaken dimensional calibrations please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.