http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Main Purpose of Job
- For the position of CNC Machinist you should have proven experience in a CNC machine shop environment with previous experience of programming setting and operating CNC machines, in particular milling machines.
- Program, Set up tools and load materials into CNC machine.
- Carry out machining of components.
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is safe, neat and tidy.
Job Description & Person Specification
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Line Manager.
- Ultimately your input should result in increased efficiencies and add to increase of in-house capabilities.
- CNC Milling experience.
- Experience in operating Heidenhain, Fanuc or Siemens
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
- Computer literacy and strong communication skills are also essential.
- A strong awareness of health and safety considerations within a machine shop environment.
- A desire to facilitate and embrace Continuous Improvement within the business.
- Looking to start ASAP
- This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to fully immerse themselves with current projects, utilising their hands on capabilities.
- You should also be a self-starter and look at the bigger picture, finding areas for the company as a whole to make improvements and further develop your career.
Please submit your CV to apply in the first instance.