http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Position: CNC Machinist
Full time, Rolling 4 days on/off shift pattern
Responsible for programing, setting and operating CNC milling machines.
- Loading and Unloading Machining fixtures
- Setting a range of Five Axis and Three Axis Machines
- Using measuring equipment such as micrometres, Vernier’s, plug gauges, screw gauges, ring gauges
- Carrying out regular Maintenance and Cleaning of Machines and Tools.
- Good understanding of CNC Programming
- A good understanding of drawings and geometric tolerances
- Good understanding of component drawings
- Fanuc Controller experience would be beneficial
- Highly detail oriented.
- Methodical Approach
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, flexible, team player who is also able to use their own initiative & is a self-starter.
- Able to follow Work Instructions/Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong communicator.
- Open to working shift patterns
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to work in high pressure manufacturing environment
Health and Safety
- Contributes to risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures whilst actively participating in the efforts to create and maintain a zero harm work place culture.
- Challenges non-compliant employees on safety policies and procedures. Reports to senior management if necessary.
- Attends safety training courses as required.
- Actively seeks out and identifies Continuous Improvement Opportunities
- Liaises with relevant departments as required.
- Actively participates in cross function projects to ensure that goals are achieved and solutions implemented.
- Works effectively as part of a team or using own initiative in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions.
- Prior experience using an CNC Machine Essential
- Experience of working to ISO9001 or AS/EN9100 quality approvals Desirable
- Experience of working in the aerospace/defence/automotive sector Desirable
- Time Served Apprenticeship