https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
CNC / Manual Cylindrical Grinder / Precision Machinist with experience of working to very tight tolerances required for a permanent position in the Sutton Coldfield / Tamworth area. Salary is £22,000 – £29,000 + regular O/T (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus excellent benefits package (see bottom of job spec). The Multi-Skilled Grinder / Precision Machinist will be working a flexible 37.5 hours (Mon – Fri Days).
The successful CNC / Manual Cylindrical Grinder / Precision Machinist day to day duties will include:
- Cylindrical grinding of high precision gauging and tooling associated with splines and gears for the automotive and aerospace industries working to extremely tight tolerances
- Set / operate manual cylindrical grinding machines.
- Programme (online), set and operate CNC grinding machines
- Ensure production issues are resolved quickly, efficiently and production KPI’s are met.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this CNC / Manual Cylindrical Grinder / Precision Machinist role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally completed a relevant machining, toolmaker or engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have recent experience of manual cylindrical grinding to very tight tolerances
- Able to use standard manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI’s, calipers, micrometers, plain plug, screw and ring gauges, gauge blocks and bespoke gauges/fixtures.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
- Good communicational skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal Multi-Skilled Grinder / Precision Machinist will have the following skills / characteristics:
- Recent experience of manual and CNC cylindrical grinding to extreme tolerances (1 micron)
- Familiar with Studer grinding machines
- Able to Program (online) Fanuc controlled CNC grinding machines
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
Salary and Benefits:
- £22,000 – £29,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 5 hours week (Mon – Fri days, very flexible work pattern)
- 1.5x Midweek overtime & Sat Hrs, 2x Sun Hrs
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Pension scheme and death in service benefit
- Private medical insurance
Key words: C.N.C, Grinder, CNC, Grinding, Machine Setter, C N C, Machine Operator, Computer Numerical Controls, Manual Machinist, External / Internal Cylindrical Grinding, Machine Programmer, Fanuc, Studer, Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Burton-on-Trent, Coventry, Staffordshire, West Midlands
The successful Multi-Skilled Grinder / Precision Machinist / Toolmaker will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.