https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi Skilled Turner (Manual Turning & CNC Programmer / Operator – Fanuc) with experience of working to very tight tolerances required for a permanent position in the Sutton Coldfield / Tamworth area. Salary is £23,000 – £28,000 + regular O/T at 1.5x (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus excellent benefits package (see bottom of job spec). The Multi-Skilled Turner will be working circa 37.5 hours (Mon – Fri Days), very flexible working pattern.
The successful Multi Skilled Turner day to day duties will include:
- Turning of precision parts, gauges and master gears of which the majority are one offs.
- Set / operate manual lathes.
- Programme (online), set and operate Fanuc controlled CNC Turning machines
- Ensure production issues are resolved quickly, efficiently and production KPI’s are met.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this CNC Turner (Programmer / Operator) / Manual Machinist role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally completed a relevant machining, toolmaker or engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have recent experience of manual or CNC turning to tight tolerances
- Recent experience of programming (online), setting and operating Fanuc controlled CNC lathes.
- Able to use standard manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI’s, calipers, micrometers, plain plug, screw and ring gauges, gauge blocks and bespoke gauges/fixtures.
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Good communicational skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal Multi Skilled Turner will have the following skills / characteristics:
- Recent experience of manual and CNC Turning to very tight tolerances.
- Previously used Hitachi and or Mazak CNC Turning machines
- Machined precision parts, gauges and master gears.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
Salary and Benefits:
- £22,000 – £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 5 hours week (Mon – Fri days, very flexible work pattern)
- 5x Midweek overtime & Sat Hrs, 2x Sun Hrs
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Pension scheme and death in service benefit
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Key words: CNC, Turner, C.N.C, Manual Turning, C N C, Lathe, Miller, Milling, Manual Machinist, Machine Programmer, Fanuc, Hitachi, Mazak, Precision, Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Burton-on-Trent, Coventry, Staffordshire, West Midlands
The successful CNC / Manual Turner / Miller / Multi Skilled Precision Machinist will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.