https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Main Purpose of Job
- For the position of Miller you should have proven experience in a CNC machine shop environment with previous experience of programming CNC machines with Fanuc or Heidenhain controls. You will also produce precision components using a variety of materials
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes.
- Set up tools and load materials into CNC machine.
- Carry out machining of components.
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is safe, neat and tidy.
Job Description & Person Specification
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Line Manager.
- Ultimately your input should result in increased efficiencies and add to increase of in-house capabilities.
- Fully skilled time served engineer with CNC Milling experience on 3 and 4 axis machines.
- CNC Programming experience in programming in Fanuc or Heidenhain for 3,4 -axis Milling machines.
- Used to working to fine tolerances with various plastic compounds.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
- You must have sound technical knowledge of the machine shop and its workings and be able to work with and advise your fellow team members to ensure customer specifications are met at all times.
- Computer literacy and strong communication skills are also essential.
- A strong awareness of health and safety considerations within a machine shop environment.
- A desire to facilitate and embrace Continuous Improvement within the business.
- Looking to start ASAP
- This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to fully immerse themselves with current projects, utilising their hands on capabilities.
- You should also be a self-starter and look at the bigger picture, finding areas for the company as a whole to make improvements and further develop your career.
- Currently working Day shift 7.30-4pm Mon-Fri
Please submit your CV via email to apply in the first instance