CNC Miller Programmer / Operator (Siemens Sinumerik) with recent online and offline / CADCAM programming experience to produce one offs & small batches is required for a permanent role in Knutsford / Northwich Area. Salary is c£30,000 – £35,000 pa (DoE) plus benefits (see below). The successful candidate will be working approx. 35 hours/week (Mon to Fri – 8am to 4pm)
Salary & Benefits:-
- Salary: c£30,000 – £35,000 pa (DoE)
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday + b/hols
- Hours of work 35 per week, Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm – possible flexi-time
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Workshop Manager you will be helping to design, manufacture and develop parts for use in our own production factory.
The successful CNC Miller Setter / Operator day to day duties will include:
- Program, set and operate a Siemens Sinumerik controlled 3 axis CNC milling machine.
- Generating CNC programs from 3D CAD models using CAD/CAM software (SolidWorks and CAMWorks)
- Select most suitable materials and tools to producing one-offs and small batches of precision components
- Inspection and dimensional checks of produced parts.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this CNC Miller Programmer / Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship such as a CNC / Manual machinist, Toolmaker, Mechanical Engineer.
- Must have previous experience of programming & operating CNC milling machines
- Able to program the CNC milling machine directly and from 3D CAD models generated in Solid Works
- Produced one-offs and short-runs of precision components
- Knowledgeable in being able to select the most suitable materials and tools to produce parts.
- Prior experience of designing and making jigs
- Able to interpret CAD and engineering / paper drawings
- Previous experience of manufacturing parts in stainless steel, mild-steel, tool-steel and acetal.
The ideal Offline CNC Miller Programmer (CAD/CAM) will have the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- Previous experience of programming Siemens Sinumerik controlled C.N.C machines
- Capable of generating CNC programs using CAD/CAM software, preferably SolidWorks and CAMWorks.
- Experience with any CAM package is desirable.
- Previous experience of operating a manual milling machine.
- Relevant qualifications in manual machining / CNC machining.
Key Words: CNC Miller, CNC Programmer, Offline / Online Programming, Machine Setter / Operator, Computer Numerical Controls, Machinist, CAM Programmer, CAD/CAM, Milling, CAD Design, Siemens Sinumerik, SolidWorks, CAMWorks, Precision, Manufacturing, Engineering, Permanent, Full Time, M-F Days, Knutsford, Northwich, Warrington, Altrincham, Macclesfield, Cheshire
The successful CNC Miller Programmer / Operator (Online & Offline / CADCAM) will need to be flexible and be able to work overtime with little notice. Will have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in CNC Miller / CAM Programmer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button