https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Vacancy – CNC Programmer
Competitive salary with Bonus Scheme & Benefits Package
Do you like seeing projects though from start to completion? Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference?
You will be responsible for developing best practice and optimum CNC programming and methods of production to ensure that projects are planned and delivered to schedule and support the objectives of the company’s overall business plans and strategies
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Decide on the best method of machining process for assigned projects, including tooling and set up requirements
- Prepare CNC programmes for all assigned machines, including producing accurate to mid tolerant models and 2D drawings
- Complete MRL (Tooling Database) for each component, develop models of tooling/fixtures/machines and components.
- Use simulation software to prove programs before release to shop floor.
- Ensure that produced CNC programmes are made available to relevant production technician in DNC system
- Manage of proven and robust programmes already available in DNC system, ensuring that any modifications are completed (due to engineering changes)
- Document of any programme modifications including completion/alteration of procedures for improved production methods
- Ensure that all colleagues and other relevant departments are aware of any engineering drawing modifications by means of a change notice
- Produce manufacturing routings, reviewing manufacturing drawings and deciding on best method of production considering contract specific requirements and calculation of time for each aspect of the manufacturing process.
- Be able to structure Manufacturing routings and apply times produced by CNC programs.
- Ensure that all operators and tooling engineers are aware of methods to improve cutting tool life
- Ideally HNC or equivalent in mechanical/production engineering or similar
- Relevant experience within related industry
- Siemens NX10 CAD/CAM
- knowledge of Edgecam/Mastercam would be an advantage
- Programming Siemens, Fanuc and Heidenhain.
- Simulation software – Siemens IS&V (or similar).
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing
- Sap Experience would be an advantage
- 25 days holiday increases with service
- On site car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Subsidised canteen
- On site Gym