https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job Title : CNC Programmer/Operator (Milling)
Hours : Days but may move to shifts in future (role is temp to perm)
Purpose of the Job
To effectively produce components using the CNC machine in accordance with the job specification/drawing and works order.
- Prioritise, in accordance with Team Leader’s instructions and work in progress requirements, works orders received from the Cutting Room
- Ensure material received is appropriate and cut to size. Refer any inaccuracies to the Team Leader
- Create or modify programmes to manufacture components to meet required specifications
- Manufacture the component to production deadlines using CNC/manual milling machines, ensuring the machines are operated safely and that the appropriate checks have been carried out
- Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification, is de-burred and engraved and blasted as required
- Store any new programmes correctly for future access
- Pass completed component and documentation to Team Leader
- Drill and tap components as specified.
- Manufacture jigs and fixtures to aid the machining of components
- Ensure that machine oil levels are periodically checked
- Respond appropriately and quickly to machine alarms for maintenance purposes
- Ensure that the swarf conveyor is cleaned every 3 months
- Re-set tools as required
- Ensure that machine maintenance records are maintained and updated
- Ensure that scrap material is stored appropriately
- Ensure that machine is left in a clean and safe condition
- Carry out weekly 5S audits on area as requested by Team Leader
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and
colleagues in verbal and written communications
- Clean and tidy work area on a daily basis
- Provide cover in Machine Shop as required
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with all you come into contact with.
- Contribute positively to my team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of your work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.
If you are interested please apply now or call Carl @ GPW Recruitment on 01744 454 300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk