CNC Turner – Programmer/ Operator with Fanuc program control experience of manufacturing components in Stainless Steel / Aluminium required ASAP for a permanent role in the Knutsford, Cheshire Area. Salary is £26,000 ( £32,500 including 25% shift uplift, dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours/week (Mon – Fri double days – 6am-2pm & 2:30pm-10:30pm) plus possible O/T.
The successful CNC Turner – Programmer/ Operator day to day duties will include:
- To effectively produce machine components to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawing and works order.
- Prioritise, in accordance with Team Leader’s instructions and work in progress requirements, works orders received from the Cutting Room
- Ensure material received is appropriate and cut to size. Refer any inaccuracies to the Team Leader
- Identify and load the appropriate programme for the specific job, referring to the Pro-Engineer report. If no programme exists or a program error has occurred report to the Team Leader
- Manufacture the component to production deadlines using the CNC machine or Manual
Lathe, ensuring the machines are operated safely and that the appropriate checks have been carried out
- Store any new programmes correctly for future access
- Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification, is de-burred and engraved and blasted as required
- Pass completed component and documentation to Team Leader
- Manufacture jigs and fixtures to aid the machining of components
- Follow the machine maintenance schedule in accordance with the operators manual
- Ensure that the machine oil levels are checked periodically
- Respond appropriately and quickly to machine alarms for maintenance purposes
- Report any faults with the machine to the Team Leader
- Ensure that the machine maintenance records are maintained and updated
- Ensure that scrap material is stored appropriately
- Carry out weekly 5S audits on area as requested by Team Leader
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Clean and tidy work including machine area on a daily basis
To be suitable for this CNC Turner – Programmer/ Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics
- Must have previous experience of setting / operating CNC lathes.
- Must have previous experience of using manual lathe.
- Must be a time served machinist.
- Must have undertaken formal training in CNC setting and operation.
- Highly motivated and keen to succeed.
To be more suitable for this CNC Turner – Programmer/ Operator role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Ideally will have attended programming courses run by machine manufacturers.
- Programming experience.
- Relevant qualifications in manual machining / CNC machining.
- Previous experience of manufacturing stainless steel / aluminium parts.
- Previous experience of using Hitachi Seiki HiCells C.N.C machines.
- Previous experience of using Fanuc control systems
Salary & Benefits:-
- c£26,000 ( £32,500 including 25% shift uplift, dependent on experience and qualifications, dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 20 days holiday plus bank hols – increasing 1 day a year to a max of 25 days plus bank hols
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary
- Pension Plan – company contributions after 3 pension years of service backdated to start date. Currently 5% of salary.
- 30 minutes lunch, 2 x 15 minute breaks.
- No staff canteen – rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- Overtime at 1.5x for midweek and weekends.
The CNC Turner – Programmer/ Operator will need to be flexible and be able to work overtime with little notice. Will have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in CNC Turner Programmer / Setter / Operator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button
Alternatively, call Eddie at GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.