http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job Title : CNC Programmer/Operator (Turning)
Hours : Days but may move to shifts in future
Purpose of the Job
To effectively produce components using the CNC (Fanuc) machine in accordance with the job specification/drawing and works order.
- Prioritise, in accordance with Team Leader’s instructions and work in progress requirements, works orders received from the Cutting Room
- Ensure material received is appropriate and cut to size. Refer any inaccuracies to the Team Leader
- Create or modify programmes to manufacture components to meet required specifications
- Manufacture the component to production deadlines using CNC or manual lathes, ensuring the machines are operated safely and that the appropriate checks have been carried out
- Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification, is de-burred and engraved and blasted as required
- Store any new programmes correctly for future access
- Pass completed component and documentation to Team Leader
- Manufacture jigs and fixtures to aid the machining of components
- Follow the machine maintenance schedule in accordance with the operators manual
- Ensure that machine oil levels are periodically checked
- Respond appropriately and quickly to machine alarms for maintenance purposes
- Ensure that the swarf conveyor is cleaned every 3 months
- Ensure that machine maintenance records are maintained and updated
- Ensure that scrap material is stored appropriately
- Ensure that machine is left in a clean and safe condition
- Carry out weekly 5S audits on area as requested by Team Leader
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and
colleagues in verbal and written communications
- Clean and tidy work area on a daily basis
- Provide cover in VKs as required
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with all you come into contact with.
- Contribute positively to my team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of your work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.
If you are interested please call Carl at GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk