http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking to recruit a CNC Setter / Programmer/Operator (Milling) on a nightshift for a specialist manufacturer based in Middleton Manchester
This is a growing and successful privately-owned company manufacturing specialist products into various market sectors. They pride themselves on a wide product portfolio, and an unrivalled response for solutions to all our customers.
A new exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced and talented Setter / programmer/ Operator within the machine shop facility, which is the R&D, engineering and operations centre for the group.
Main Purpose of Job
For the position of Setter/Programmer/ Operator you should have proven experience in a CNC machine shop environment with previous experience of programming CNC machines with Fanuc Guide-I and Siemens controls. You will also produce precision components using a variety of products from 2D computer drawings and paper drawings; Generate CNC programmes using G-Code programming.
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes.
- Set up tools and load materials into CNC machine.
- Carry out machining of components.
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is safe, neat and tidy.
Job description and person spec
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Line Manager.
- Ultimately your input should result in increased efficiencies and add to and increase of in-house capabilities.
- Essential Requirements:
- Fully skilled time served engineer with CNC Milling experience on 3 and 4 axis machines.
- CNC Programming experience in programming in Fanuc Guide-I and Siemens. for 3,4 -axis Milling machines.
- Used to working to fine tolerances with various plastic compounds.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
- You must have sound technical knowledge of the machine shop and its workings and be able to work with and advise your fellow team members to ensure customer specifications are met at all times.
- Computer literacy and strong communication skills are also essential.
- A strong awareness of health and safety considerations within a machine shop environment.
- A desire to facilitate and embrace Continuous Improvement within the business.
Salary Range £26,000 pa basic with a £2,600 shift allowance for working nights.
Hours of Work are Nights Mon-Thu 4pm-2.30am. May be required to work other shifts to provide holiday cover (with adequate notice)
To apply for the role of CNC Setter / Programmer/Operator (Milling) Nights please click ‘Apply Now’