https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
CNC Turner – Programmer (Online) / Setter / Operator with Fanuc program control experience of manufacturing components in Stainless Steel / Aluminium required ASAP for a Permanent role in the Knutsford, Cheshire Area. Salary is £23,000 – £25,000 (£29,175 – £31,250 including 25% shift uplift, dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours/week (Mon – Fri double days – 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm) plus possible O/T.
Job Purpose: To effectively produce machine components to the required quality and timescale and in accordance with the job specification/drawing and works order.
The successful CNC Turner – Programmer / Operator day to day duties will include:
- Prioritise, in accordance with Team Leader’s instructions and work in progress requirements, works orders received from the Cutting Room
- Ensure material received is to specification. Refer any inaccuracies to the Team Leader.
- Identify and load the appropriate programme for the specific job, referring to the Pro-Engineer report. If no programme exists or a program error has occurred report to the Team Leader
- Manufacture components to production deadlines ensuring the CNC / manual machines are operated safely and that the appropriate checks have been carried out
- Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification, is de-burred and engraved and blasted as required
- Manufacture jigs and fixtures to aid the machining of components
- Follow the machine maintenance schedule; respond appropriately and quickly to machine alarms.
- Report any faults with the machine to the Team Leader
- Carry out weekly 5S audits on area as requested by Team Leader
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
To be suitable for this CNC Turner Programmer / Setter / Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of programming (online), setting and operating Fanuc (preferred) or Heidenhain controlled CNC Turning machines.
- Must have previous experience of using manual lathes.
- Ideally be a time served or completed relevant apprenticeship as a CNC / Manual machinist.
- Must have undertaken formal training in CNC setting and operation.
- Highly motivated and keen to succeed.
To be more suitable for this CNC Turner Programmer / Setter / Operator role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Ideally will have attended programming courses run by machine manufacturers.
- Offline Programming experience.
- Relevant qualifications in manual machining / CNC machining.
- Previous experience of manufacturing stainless steel / aluminium parts.
- Previous experience of using Hitachi Seiki HiCells C.N.C machines.
Key Words: C.N.C, 3-5 Axis, Turner, CNC, Turning, Machine Setter, C N C, Machine Operator, Computer Numerical Controls, C.N.C, Machinist, Machine Programmer, Milling, Lathe, Fanuc, Miller, Hitachi Seiki HiCells, Warrington, Knutsford, Cheshire
The successful CNC Turner Programmer (online) / Setter / Operator a will need to be flexible and be able to work overtime with little notice. Will have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button