http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Commercial Estimator to work on a permanent basis for a global engineering client based in the Blackburn area.
Salary is c£30-35,000 per annum plus excellent bonus, hols, pension etc.
Duties will include:
- Engages early with customers on new enquiries to meet or exceed their expectations, achieving clearly defined service levels in relation to response time and customer engagement.
- Prepares work to be estimated by collating customer requests proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labour, material and overhead costs through an in depth understanding of both customer requirements and company capabilities and cost models.
- Prepare caveated customer estimates including both numerical and descriptive information, liaising appropriately with all internal departments and the customer.
- Create robust processes and tools to facilitate and streamline the estimation process.
- Participate and contribute throughout all stages of the DMEDI process, taking a leading role at the Measure and Explore stages.
- Participate in, and contribute to, all DMEDI Gate reviews.
- Continuously improve the estimation and DMEDI processes, learning from previous work and refining the processes.
- Prepare reports, KPI’s and analysis as required.
- Maintains cost data base in conjunction with finance and operations functions.
- Maintain technical and commercial knowledge though self-learning, formal training and participation in a variety of business functions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly qualified Commercial/Technical Professional to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Member of professional body
- Significant experience in Sales, Estimating, Product Management
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- In depth knowledge of the polymer business particularly in the sealing industry
- Knowledge and experience of relevant costing and/or pricing processes in a technology business
- Considerable knowledge in ERP and CRM systems, IT and Systemised Commercial Processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Well organized
- Strong prioritization skills
- Accurate, numerate with good attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Able to work well under pressure
- Prepared to learn new skills and develop
- Good analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Ability to process and interpret complex information
- Be innovative and creative in thinking and action
- Ability to win confidence with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Be able to communicate effectively across all levels of business
If the Commercial Estimator role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!