http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Commercial Manager with NEC3 contracts experience to work on a permanent basis in the Chorley area.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Sales / Tenders:-
- Review Invitations to Tenders as received by the Sales Department, in particular Commercial aspects. Key Areas to include;
- Potential Liabilities,
- Forms of Contract,
- Tender deliverables,
- Programme requirements,
- Payment Terms,
- Insurance requirements,
- Bonds or any other third party grantees,
- Identify requirements to passed to Key suppliers or Subcontractors,
- Review Key Suppliers and Subcontractors enquiries and tenders for compliance,
- Produce indicative Cash Flow based on anticipated programme, subcontractor and suppliers likely acceptable terms and Client / Fel’s payment terms.
- Assist as required in the preparation of Tender documents, particularly in the completion of Payment Schedules, client required forms, daywork rates etc and exclusions / commercial clarifications.
- Assist Sales in negotiations with Clients to successfully win award of the contract, including advising others of possible consequences of any concessions requested by the Client.
- Review Final Documents as received from the Client, or prepare on his behalf, that will form the Agreed and Signed Contract.
Post Contract Award:-
- Ensure that all internal parties allocated to administer the as Signed Contract are fully aware of the Companies commitments and liabilities to the Client.
- Ensure that the key members of the Contract Team, in particular the Contact Manager, are familiar with any contract required procedures, i.e. NEC, FIDIC, MF1 or bespoke.
- Prepare, submit and agree periodic progress payments.
- Prepare, submit and agree and variations or claims as they occur, in conjunction with the particular Contract Manager.
- Assist in preparation of formal enquiry documents for the procurement of supplies and subcontractors. In particular ensuring that these are in compliance with the Main Contract.
- Assist with the negotiation, from a commercial aspect, with key suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure that monies required by key suppliers and subcontractors has correctly and in due time been requested from and paid by the Client to ensure neutral or positive cashflow to the company.
- Check CIS status of Subcontrators and ensure correct deductions are made as required.
- Review NDA’s and Collateral Warranties as received prior to signing.
- Produce bespoke reports as and when required from historical accounts data.
- Good understanding of the key principles and procedures of most standard forms of contract i.e;
- NEC 3 or 4 main Options A, B, C together with all secondary options. (main options D, E & F rarely used)
- MF1/5 or 6 Design supply and installation
- IChemE, Red or Orange book
- FIDIC Green book, Red book, Yellow book and Silver Book.
- Professional Services; FIDIC White book, NEC or ACE
- All supply and subcontract forms associated with the above
If the Commercial Manager role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW