https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer for one of our clients based in Staffordshire.
Our client are a multinational engineering company that cover the gas, petrochemical and renewable industry. They are looking for a Commissioning Engineer to supplement their team.
This role is based predominantly at various client’s sites throughout the UK. There are intermittent opportunities to work with overseas clients. Travel to client sites may require early starts, late finishes and regular overnight stays. Travel costs and payment for additional working hours will be in line with company policy.
* Undertake system commissioning on client sites, addressing any concerns arising from the commissioning process.
* Test communications and conduct end to end testing.
* Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
* Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
* Provide commissioning advice to Design Engineers in the development of the commissioning strategy and plan.
* Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Service & Technical Support Manager.
* Comply with the organisation’s QA and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
* Training less experienced engineers in all the relevant disciplines.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience of commissioning and / or servicing equipment on client sites.
* 2 years’ experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management.
* HNC / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a related subject.
* Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
* Knowledge of PLC controllers.
* Knowledge of pressure control systems.
* Computer literate including use of MS and Linux systems.
* Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
* Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
* 2 years minimum working as a Technician within the gas industry.
* Previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.
For more information, please contact Jordan @ GPW Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01744 452041.