http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Are you an experienced Commodity Assistant, looking for job security? My client is looking for a Commodity Assistant to join their busy team in the Derby area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
To support each Commodity Manager with the implementation of best practice improvements to purchasing function at all sites (i.e. cost reduction opportunities, supplier rationalisation/selection processes, long term agreements, internal processes) which contribute to improved supply chain performance.
- Collect, analyse and communicate when needed data from various sources, in various formats around the business to support new opportunities
- Analyse data and support with the generation of new RFP/RFQ’s
- Support with the co-ordination of bids/responses
- Maintain price books
- Support in the monthly KPI compilation demonstrating benefits & investigation of variances
- Manage Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) timetable with key suppliers
Knowledge and Experience
This position requires someone who:
- can deal simultaneously with various projects,
- has a certain level of independence to adapt his workload and to be proactive/curious in tackling/initiating new subjects,
- is a team player,
- is an easy communicator to create relationships with others (internally & externally)
Qualifications / Skill Set
Experience and knowledge in the below areas is preferred:
- Microsoft software including Excel, Powerpoint and Project,
- computerised MRP systems and on-line portals.