http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are recruiting an Engineering Manager with control system experience for a leading manufacturer of a specialist product used across the globe. The successful candidate will work as part of the senior management team, responsible for business planning and strategy development. You will take technical responsibility for systems produced in the engineering department, either in the role of project manager or engineer, and will ensure that the engineering teams work is in compliance with ISO9001/2000.
The company have offices across the UK so the role will involve some travel between, but would suit either a North West based or Midlands based manager.
Role and responsibilities
- Business Planning and Strategy development including budgets, forecasts and business development.
- Technical responsibility for the systems produced by the Engineering Business Unit either in the role of Project Manager or Engineer.
- Assist and co-ordinate with Business Development for Sales Leads for the control systems department
- Ensure that the control systems department is adequately resourced and structured with personnel and equipment to meet project requirements.
- Develop team personnel and identify training requirements and produce department training plan.
- Ensure that control systems are produced in compliance with the company’s ISO 9001/2000 quality assurance accreditation.
- Play an active role in the management team with particular regard to development and continuous improvement of products in the HY business unit, the business processes, and identification of areas where cost savings can be made.
- Provide technical advice and expertise as necessary related to the improvement of company products.
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on time and within the tender values for costs.
- To develop performance KPI’s for Business Units and to benchmark performance in conjunction with QA Manager.
- Experience of successfully managing Engineering Projects and Project Teams to deadlines and on budget
- A highly effective communicator with well-developed presentation skills particularly at Board level
- Knowledge of PC and PLC based Control Systems
- Knowledge of Electronic / Relay based Control Systems
- Knowledge of Panel Manufacture and Installation
- Clean Driving Licence <3 Points
- Honours Degree or above
- Chartered Engineer / Member of IET
- Demonstrable, effective Financial Management experience particularly budgetary / P&L
- Electronic Design Knowledge
- High Level Computer Language and Systems( Unix, C++)
- EMC Knowledge
Successful candidates will be subject to a CRB check due to the nature of work.
A salary of up to £55,000 pa is offered plus pension.
To apply for the role of Engineering Manager please click apply now.