https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing designs and detail manufacturing drawings in accordance with the contract requirements, and as directed by the appointed Project Engineer and/ or Project Manager.
- Management of sub-contractor design input including design and document review, change control.
- Produce reports as requested by the Project Engineer.
- Ensure that the Company Policy and Procedures Manual is adhered to for all defined activities including CDM, design risk assessment, drawing registration, filing, change control and specification.
- Co-operating with others both internally and externally to promote and achieve the objectives of the Quality Management Plan.
- Undertake any other duties that could reasonably be expected of a senior member of staff.
- Working within the engineering team appointed, consisting of other Design Draughtsmen, Project Engineers, Structural Engineers (internal or external) and others.
- Identifying with other members of staff the list of engineering documents required for the project and ensuring they are correctly prepared, completed, distributed and filed.
- Controlling and recording design change as directed.
- Supporting the appointed Project Engineer in all areas of design, including progress meetings.
- To produce designs and manufacturing drawings, and to formally review the drawings and design work of other staff or contractors.
- To ensure information both incoming and outgoing is filed and the necessary transmittals produced and filed.
- To assist with elements of proposals work where previous experience or knowledge is relevant.
- Working and communicating as part of a cohesive team.
- Primarily office based, however the role is likely to require some travel and time away from home, conducting site surveys and attending meetings with clients and/ or sub-contractors etc, and this is reflected in your salary.
- Company Code of practices.
- Adherence to company handbook and polices.
- Comply to all Quality and HSE Commitment and Management System.
- Comply with (a) Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy and (b) Whistle Blower Policy.
- Undertake any other duties as identified from time to time by the Directors of the business and Line Manager.
- Minimum of HNC in mechanical engineering and a time served apprenticeship.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a familiarity and appreciation of process plant design for the food, chemical and mineral industries including the incorporation of equipment typically including, but not limited to:
- Belt and screw conveyors, sifters, vibrating screens, crushers, shredders, dust filtration & ducting, pneumatic conveying systems, FIBC systems etc.